Belchford Mountain Bike Trail on 5th July

Belchford Mountain Bike Trail on 5th July

Immersion Peter
This is a new event in the Wolds.

With a couple of friends, I have negotiated permission, for one day only, for mountain bikers to ride on lots of private farm roads and tracks, giving access to areas we can't normally get to.  The route has still to be finalised, but we are aiming for 25 miles, with very little road riding and lots of new views to enjoy.

The plan at the moment is for riders to gather and register at about 9.30 in a farm yard on the outskirts of Belchford.  They will then be given the route and allowed to ride at their own pace in a long loop, finishing back in Belchford, where food and liquid refreshment will be laid on.

Entries will be charged at £10/rider and the aim is to raise money to fund the repair of the roof of Belchford Church.

Please spread the word
It'll be all Whyte on the night 😃

Re: Belchford Mountain Bike Trail on 5th July

Santa Cruz Guy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Belchford Mountain Bike Trail on 5th July

Steve IOM
Well done Peter, sound great. I'm up for that.
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Re: Belchford Mountain Bike Trail on 5th July

bevsta69
Count us in too

Been doing a bit of route planning.  Found some really choice bits - often only a few hundred yards from the trails we all know and love, but you would not believe the quality and some of the views are stunning.
It'll be all Whyte on the night 😃

Re: Belchford Mountain Bike Trail on 5th July

rog s
Administrator
Looks interesting Pete, looking foreword to discovering some new trails in the wolds. Count me and our Adam in.
mw

Looking forward to it
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: Belchford Mountain Bike Trail on 5th July

Immersion Peter
The event now has a Facebook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/BelchfordWoldsMountainBikeTrail?ref=hl

Things are firming up nicely.  The planned route is about 21.5 miles in a figure of eight, centered on Belchford.  Lots of climbing and descending.  Plans are now in place for a halfway stop for chatting and refreshments.

Keeping everything crossed for good weather.
It'll be all Whyte on the night 😃

Re: Belchford Mountain Bike Trail on 5th July

Immersion Peter
Been out for a test ride tonight.  Perfect conditions.  The course rode really well.  Lots of variety.

1st loop measured at 12 miles, which took us 1 hour 15 minutes. We then rode the rest of the Medium route - that came out at 20 miles.  Became too dark to do the Long route - That's still to be measured properly, but likely to best part of 30 miles total.  Probably less than five miles on the road in the whole route.  Still pedalling strongly at the end of the 20 mile ride, which we did in about 2 hours 10 minutes including a quick stop at the pub.

While we were riding the ladies of the village were planning the food.  Looks like being a good event 😀
It'll be all Whyte on the night 😃