LAMB Trip 2014

1234

LAMB Trip 2014

Steve IOM
My time off work is affected by 4 other people so I'm going to book Friday 5th September off in anticipation.

The week previous is the 4 day week after the August Bank Holiday so probably not a good one for anybody, and the week following is the Isle of Man e2e which I may be doing again.
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Re: LAMB Trip 2014

Immersion Peter
Steve's proposed timing looks OK for me
It'll be all Whyte on the night 😃

Re: LAMB Trip 2014

Steve IOM
Sorry, got my dates wrong, the end2end is sun 7th so I will be ok for Fri 12th sat 13th sun 14th but anything up to 3 weeks before the 5th,6th,7th is no longer available for me. Will let you know if I change jobs.
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Re: LAMB Trip 2014

Steve IOM
Please ignore all my previous ramblings on this thread,

5th 6th 7th Sept now possible again, due to me NOT doing the Isle of Man End 2 End this year.

Anyone fancy a pub meet to agree or discuss further?

Unless it was just beer talking at Christmas, I think the general feeling is for a return to Innerleithen / Glentress, unless you have a better idea.....
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Re: LAMB Trip 2014

Immersion Peter
The first weekend in September looks good for me.

I don't really mind whether we go to Glentress or back to Wales, where there are more new trails to test.
It'll be all Whyte on the night 😃
mw

Re: LAMB Trip 2014

mw
Administrator
Pub meeting sounds good
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: LAMB Trip 2014

Santa Cruz Guy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: LAMB Trip 2014

rog s
Administrator
i agree we ought to meet as we normally have this bottomed out by now, unfortunately 1/2 term is pretty busy for me. can I suggest 730pm at the Wheatsheaf in Louth on Friday the 25th of April ?
mw

Re: LAMB Trip 2014

mw
Administrator
That works for me - see you there
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: LAMB Trip 2014

Santa Cruz Guy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: LAMB Trip 2014

Steve IOM
Sounds good Roger.
See you there.

I'll be there too
It'll be all Whyte on the night 😃

Re: LAMB Trip 2014

rog s
Administrator
Just a bump for the meeting to discuss the trip - 730pm at the Wheatsheaf in Louth this Friday Night.

If you're interested, come along and have your say. (and have a beer at the same time )
mw

Re: LAMB Trip 2014

mw
Administrator
Beers and bike talk :) I'm there!
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: LAMB Trip 2014

Santa Cruz Guy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
mw

Re: LAMB Trip 2014 - SCOTLAND 5th -7th September

mw
Administrator
As always, great to catch up with everyone last night, many beers and much banter later we actually sorted out this years trip!

Scotland 5/6/7th September

Confirmed attendees:
Roger
Guy
Steve
Peter
Mick
Malcolm

Initial plan:
Fri   5th - Those who can, drive up Friday a.m. riding at Whinlatter on the way then on to Innerleithan, staying at The Bike House, (confirmed with Kate today).

Sat  6th - Ride Glentress/Innerleithan

Sun 7th - Ride Glentress/Innerleithan - Drive home with huge smiles!

Cars:
Roger; Malc and Mick
Guy; Steve
Peter;

The Bike House (sleeps 6@ £200 for the weekend so £33 each) self catering (usually eat out Saturday evening)
http://www.thebikehouse.co.uk/

Trails:
http://7stanesmountainbiking.com/Glentress---Innerleithen

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/infd-8z4eet (both trails & Lunch?)

Anyone else wanting to join in at a later date - Great, (just need to sort out your own accommodation)
and we can all look forward to a great weekends riding

Alternative accommodation nearby:
http://www.visittweedvalley.co.uk/traquair-arms-self-catering
http://www.innerhaven.co.uk/

Previous everytrail visits here:
Innerleithan: http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1273157
Glentress: http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1333009
Whinlatter: http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1685469

Finally a taste of whats to come....
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: LAMB Trip 2014 - SCOTLAND 5th -7th September

rog s
Administrator
Excellent night, god job we got round to organising the trip after much bike banter and some excellent beer.

Thanks for writing up the results of our discussion Malcolm.

Can't wait now !

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: LAMB Trip 2014 - SCOTLAND 5th -7th September

Immersion Peter
I'm really looking forward to the trip too.

I started training in earnest this morning with an eight mile single-speed punishment circuit, taking in Tetford Hill, the Cresta Run, Nab Hill and Belchford Twister before breakfast.

More of the same planned for tomorrow

Malc; do you need any cash from us at this stage?
It'll be all Whyte on the night 😃
mw

Re: LAMB Trip 2014 - SCOTLAND 5th -7th September

mw
Administrator
Thanks but it's ok for now, I'll post up when it's due :)
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...
1234