LAMB Trip 2015

123
mw

LAMB Trip 2015

mw
Administrator
Dates and places being suggested already so we thought it best to have the usual Pub meeting to get evryone's opinions aired?

The Wheatsheaf Louth Friday 27th February at 7.30 pm?

It's always good to plan early - you can pick your accommodation and have something to look forward to!
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

rog s
Administrator
That's good for me - see you there

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

Steve IOM
I should be there by 8pm
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

mick
Hope to be there if I can sort out a sitter. Be good to catch up

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

Immersion Peter
We have people coming to stay for the weekend.  Not sure yet whether they are going to arrive on Friday evening or Saturday morning.

I'll be there if I can.  If I can't make it to the meeting, it's more than likely that I'll be able to fit in with whatever is agreed, so please count me in.

It'll be all Whyte on the night 😃

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

jcblincs
would be keen to go on the trip again this year but cant make this meet as got tickets for an event that night. As its early days then happy to keep up to date with developments on this forum. it is likely that I will take the motorhome again as it works for me but will see what comes up. cheers
mw

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

mw
Administrator
No problem, think there will be a few others in the same situation. Will post up developments as they occur. Cheers - MW
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

Santa Cruz Guy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
mw

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

mw
Administrator
Great video, mixed reviews of rides
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

Steve IOM
I reckon we can do 5 Stanes in 3 days - I will tell you tomorrow.
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

jcblincs
I have been to newcastleton last year when we were in kielder. its ok but nothing special. trails are short and not too tricky. no facilities at all - just a car park. worth doing if you are in the area but not worth a massive detour. The other 4 look like they are situated close to each other

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

jcblincs
just realised you are probably not including newcastleton in the 5. didnt see "Ae" as its fairly faint on the map !

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

jcblincs
dates wise...I would prefer after 2nd sept if possible as we are away in France for the last two weeks in august

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

Santa Cruz Guy
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

Steve IOM
Good meeting at the Wheatsheaf last night along with a few drinks and plenty of social chat.

Dates for this year's trip Fri 4th, Sat 5th & Sun 6th September.

Destination Scotland, a mix of old & new for most of us.

Friday Ae Forest
The Ae Line - 24km Red Grade 550m of Ascent & Descent + the Shredder 1km Orange Grade 200m Descent.

Saturday Innerleithen in the Morning and Glentress Red in the Afternoon

Sunday Dalbeattie and/or Mabie.
The Hardrock Trail 25km Red Grade 525m of Ascent & Descent
And/Or
The Phoenix trail 17km Red Grade 400m of Ascent & Descent.

From the Meeting and Postings above the following are confirmed as going.

Roger, Mick, Malcolm, Steve, Guy, Peter, David, Johnathan.

If you want to be added or removed from the list please post on this thread by Next Sunday 8th March as
Malcolm is going to look at accomodation options - Probably Innerleithen Bike House or similar.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

jcblincs
Not sure about my attendance now..problem might be getting the Friday off work having only just returned from 2.5 weeks in France. Will have to look into it. Happy for you to count me out for accommodation purposes as I can always take the motor home if I can sort things.
Also..not sure as to the drive up to Innerleithen and then back to Dalbeattie.why not just stay in Dumfries area and do Kirroughtree And glentrool ?I am sure there is some logic but not sure what it it !

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

Steve IOM
Johnathan - the short answer is

Dalbeattie is only a 40 mile detour on the way home. Mabie is a little less than that.

Kirroughtree is a good ride, but it is a 90 mile round trip from Dumfries.
Glentrool from what I have read in books and seen on the internet is not really the sort of ride that we are looking for.

Although I have not done extensive research into accommodation in the Dumfries area, the cost of the places I have looked at is greater than where we stayed last year, so the extra mileage to Innerleithen for cheaper accommodation (and the great trails there, which will be new terrain for some our group) seems worthwhile.
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Re: LAMB Trip 2015

jcblincs
Steve...thanks for the short answer...although am now wondering what the long answer is ! LOL
Very helpful and clear explanation. At this juncture I am not looking too hopeful for the trip due to the timing...will have just returned from a trip to France, most likely the Pyrenees . Will have done about 2500 to 3500 miles so another trip of 600 miles a few days later might be too much. In all honesty, even though I enjoyed the trip last year, I would prefer to go to somewhere different. I understand it's a majority decision. I think you should count me out and then if things change I can tag along like last year without disrupting your plans. Cheers
By the way..I spell my name without the "h" i.e. Jonathan  :)
123