Not Mountain Biking but still a physical challenge

Not Mountain Biking but still a physical challenge

Steve IOM
http://www.wineathlon.co.uk/yorkshire.html
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Ard rock marathon

Santa Cruz Guy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Ard rock marathon

Steve IOM
I'm not 'Ard enough to attempt that one in my present state of fitness.

Have got my entry in for the Calderdale Marathon in a few weeks time.
My target there is to finish it within an hour of Peter.

'Ard Rock Marathon? Maybe next year, although I suspect I may never be strong enough to tackle it.
10,000 feet of climbing is serious stuff - more than 5x the Innerleithen climb.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Ard rock marathon

Steve IOM
Good Ride Yesterday

Very pleased with my performance - best time in my 4th effort at this event just a couple of minutes faster than 2013, and 15 minutes up on last year. Weather conditions were almost perfect, cool start not much wind and probably the driest I have seen the course.

I didn't finish too far behind Peter, probably because he was suffering with gear problems, later traced to a malfunctioning rear derailleur. I never saw him again after he pulled away from me on the first rise, he made it to the finish 8 minutes ahead of me and was refuelling with a plate of chilli and sunning himself on a bench by the bowling green when I arrived.

https://www.strava.com/activities/410908364
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good