Olympic volunteering opportunities in Louth

Olympic volunteering opportunities in Louth

justin partridge
Administrator
Recieved this from Lincs Sports Partnership - anyone interested? I have the form if so - just drop me a message.

Lincolnshire Sports Partnership are recruiting volunteers to support the Egyptian Paralympic Team during their Pre-Games Training Camp in Lincolnshire, from Saturday 18th to Friday 24th August 2012.

The Team of 54 will be accommodated in Lincoln, and training at three venues across Lincolnshire; University of Lincoln, Princess Royal Sports Arena in Boston, and the Meridian Leisure Centre in Louth. The Team will be training in Table Tennis, Sitting Volleyball, Athletics and Powerlifting.

A whole host of individuals are required for the week including mini-bus drivers, translators, physiotherapists and many more.

Description of Roles

We are looking for volunteers to support the Team by providing any or all of the following (depending on the needs and demands of the Team):

·         Physiotherapists
·         Translators
·         Mini-bus drivers
·         Training/gym buddies
·         Shoppers (with or without the Team)
·         Laundry
·         Befriending
·         Providing local knowledge
·         Collecting, moving and handling equipment
·         Plus many, many more.
Even if you do not think that you have vast amounts of experience or skills, or have never volunteered before, do not let this stop you from applying to be involved. We are looking for volunteers with enthusiasm, passion, motivation, commitment, dedication, and a ‘can do’ attitude.

Timescales

Monday 21st May Opening Date
Thursday 21st June Closing Date
Monday 25th June – Friday 6th July Briefing Session
Monday 9th July Volunteers are informed if successful or unsuccessful
Saturday 11th August Training Day
Saturday 18th – Friday 24th August Egyptian Paralympic Team in Lincolnshire

I have attached the volunteer application form

Thanks

Lizzie

Twitter @bikeLAMB