Races Charity & Challenge events

Locked 205 messages Options
1234 ... 11
mw

Races Charity & Challenge events

mw
Administrator
As suggested by Steve IOM somewhere to post these events seperate from our random rides...
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Isle of Man End 2 End MTB Challenge 2011

Steve IOM
The End2End MTB challenge covers about 70km of Road, Fire Road, Byway, Bridleway, Singletrack and Open Moorland. The total ascending is about 1500m.

Entry fee was £32 in 2010
It includes pasta meal at the signing-on meeting which was split between Fri eve, and Sat pm this year.
Also event T-shirt, which you collect along with your entry number board when signing-on.
Also entry to the Sunday evening presentation gathering.

I stay with friends on the Island who kindly provide all transport for me, so I park my car at Heysham docks which currently costs £7 per 24hrs, and travel across as a foot passenger, the bicycle goes free.

The organisers do provide a transport option at reasonable cost, which takes you by bus from the main town Douglas, to the start at Point of Ayre, and from the finish at Cregneash back to Douglas. Your bike travels with hundreds of others in several articulated trucks.

Sleepwell Hotels are one of the main event sponsors, and they have provided packages over the last couple of years which include accomodation, transport and event. I would expect them to offer similar deals if their involvment continues in 2011.

The date for 2011 has not yet been finalised, as the Island is hosting the Junior Commonwealth Games over the traditional E2E weekend.

Entries do not open until Feb 2011 and I expect them to fill quickly.
There was a capacity of 1200 this year and a reserve list of about 200 was used to ensure the maximum number were able to start, and they managed to accomodate most of the reserves.

There is further information on the E2E website www.manxe2e.org and lots more on the Manx Mountain Bike Club Site www.manxmtb.org
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Re: Isle of Man End 2 End MTB Challenge 2011

Paul.Fitz.
sorted i`m in
who put that hill there.???

Re: Isle of Man End 2 End MTB Challenge 2011

Steve IOM
If you are serious be ready to get registered on Tuesday.
The website has the latest details.

http://www.manxe2e.org/categories/view/3

PLEASE NOTE
It is getting a bit more professional on the organisation front due to the volume of entries, there are NO REFUNDS and Cut-Off times at checkpoints will be enforced for stragglers.
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Re: Isle of Man End 2 End MTB Challenge 2011

ACDC
I'd really like to enter this but taking into account transport, entry, hotels and ferry costs it doesn't leave much change out of £350.00

A bit pricey for a for 4 hours on the bike, as I've allready entered a few other races around the UK I'll have to pass on this on for now, might look at making it a short family break next year though.
"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights"

Muhammad Ali

Re: Isle of Man End 2 End MTB Challenge 2011

Steve IOM
It is certainly not a good deal compared to events on the mainland, as you point out, the £ per hour on the bike is rather steep, and the large number of entries does make it difficult to make progress on some sections of the course, even for those of us much further down the field.

I do have certain advantages - I see my friends, my overall costs for the event are about 50% of yours and I get 50% more time on the bike.
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Re: Isle of Man End 2 End MTB Challenge 2011

Steve IOM
Entries opened at midnight, 145 signed up when I put my name down at 01:20.
Just checked 12 hours later and the list is 750+
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Dalby 100k 23/24 July

gingejp
Hey Guys....

take a look at this....

http://www.purplemountain.co.uk/on-one-hundred-mountain-marathon/

there is also a 50k and 30k route....
Riders Ready, Pedals Ready, Goooooooooo.

viking challenge 2011

giant pete
http://www.vikingchallenge.org.uk/11EVENT.htm
 ive ridden this event for a few years..its fantastic!! really well organised with t.a. army people pointing the way at every corner!.and when youve finished the ride,there are the best cakes & sarnies waiting for you,not to mention the best soup in the world!!!!!......it just has to be done,hope some of you guys can make it this year...
Time to ride.....

Re: Dalby 100k 23/24 July

gingejp
Did this today... 7hrs 17 but included an extra 3 miles where about 80 riders went the wrong way. Hard going but a great ride out.
Riders Ready, Pedals Ready, Goooooooooo.

Re: Dalby 100k 23/24 July

justin partridge
Administrator
Well done mate! Thread on Singletrack notes that plenty of people missed the signs - http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/on-one-hundred-enduro-at-dalby-today-any-riders-thoughts-on-the-event
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Re: viking challenge 2011

Immersion Peter
Pete.  I'll ride it with you as long as I'm not needed to take Joe to Uni - Most likely I'll have that pleasure on the Saturday, so should be fine
It'll be all Whyte on the night 😃

Re: viking challenge 2011

giant pete
Great stuff! Lookin forward to it (the soup n'all!),ope it dry,as is fast,if wet...mud city! Nice!
Time to ride.....

Re: viking challenge 2011

Jono
Im putting my name down for this or to an hope to being a friend or too!
Gone bikein

Re: viking challenge 2011

Santa Cruz Guy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Dalby 100k 23/24 July

gingejp
I think some of the comments are a bit harsh. They can't sign absolutely everywhere... but there was definately a few junctions that could have been clarified....

i was a bit surprised that not many Dalby single tracks were used, especially on the way back in when the field was spread out. The only single track they used was within the first half mile which was ludicrous with 600-700 bikes all setting off together....
Riders Ready, Pedals Ready, Goooooooooo.

Re: viking challenge 2011

Rich S
im off that weekend , might aswell have a go will confirm nearer the time
if in doubt -------------- get yer bike out

Re: viking challenge 2011

Tom S
Maybe available too
Live Biker

Re: viking challenge 2011

giant pete
Splendid! Ule love it,especially if theyve got the oxtail on!...or cud be chicken & mush!....the 50k good n'all!
Time to ride.....

Kielder 100

justhavingago
Hi all, I pop on now and again to look at your site, and have noticed that someone is going to do the Kielder 100....this is a Garmin link to my ride in the Kielder 100 last year....thought it may be of interest..

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/47798955
1234 ... 11