Special Offers - Post here to share a bargain!

12345 ... 8

Re: Bargain! Half Price RS Tora 318 forks @ Wiggle

Paul.Fitz.
 well first time ive used merlin cycles but they`ve arrived today my new forks  ordered Sunday PM now thats good service  shall be using them again but saying that had no problem with any online bike shop..
who put that hill there.???

Lidl Cycling Gear

rog s
Lidl are having another cycling gear special from the 22nd March. The socks and underwear are a good staple to have in.

Lidl Cycling Gear 22nd March

Re: Lidl Cycling Gear

justin partridge
Administrator
Good spot. The glasses look like the ones I bought last year that are still going strong.
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Cheap SPDs

justin partridge
Probably cheaper than getting your old ones serviced - Shimano M520s for under £20.

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/mountain-bike-pedals/shimano-bike-pedals/shimano-m520-spd-pedal.html
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Aldi Cycling Gear

rog s
Cycling gear from Aldi this Thursday (6th May) here. Socks, underwear and glasses for me I think, not sure the triathalon suit will compliment my physique

Re: Aldi Cycling Gear

Paul.Fitz.
Glasses are good ive had mine 2yrs now interchangable lenses.....socks i got some and think `WHY` did i buy em........suit i will if you will Roger be a laugh.......
who put that hill there.???

Cheap Camelbak Stuff

justin partridge
Halfords have some Camelbak products on offer and in their 3 for 2 offer as well.

E.g. Brush Cleaning Kit down to £5.00 from £9.99
Hydrobak 1.5l pack down to £15 from £24.99
1.5l Omega reservoir down to £10 from £18.99 and 2l down to £15 from £24.99

All Camelbak are 3 for 2 as well so you can get the replacement bits like the big bite valve in the deal.

Need to find somewhere local that has it in stock, but you can reserve and pick up if you want.
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Cheap shorts - and they match the 'team' shirt

justin partridge
http://www.bikeoutlet.co.uk/products/Royal_Chevron_Short_Black_2009-582-0.html have Royal racing shorts (same brand as the shirts that most of us have) for £24.95. Baggy shorts with removable liner.
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Evans sale

Paul.Fitz.
http://www.evanscycles.com/categories/sale.......................................as always too late too have bought from else where.............argh........
who put that hill there.???

Re: Evans sale

justin partridge
Administrator
Quite like this for those hot days http://www.evanscycles.com/products/scott/downhill-sleeveless-jersey-ec019663

I also rather like the Park Tools BBQ tools set http://www.evanscycles.com/products/park-tool/barbeque-tool-set-ec017532

Post up any other bargains you find
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Re: Cheap SPDs and reasonable priced shoes

Paul.Fitz.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/SearchResults.aspx?Search=spd+shoes  take your pick...as Steve says upto Wallet ive both winter and summer the summer ones where £15 from lidl and had em 2/3 yrs the winter boots from Velo sport Cleethorpes and where slightly more expensive but worth the spend in the snow etc...and the pedals there all of a muchness in my eyes depends on the bling factor...they all adjust the same...i fink
who put that hill there.???

Re: Cheap SPDs and reasonable priced shoes

justin partridge
Administrator
I've got several pairs - things I would look for are quick fasteners (velcro or fancy twisty things) rather than laces that get muddy and hard to do/undo when wet and cold. Winter boots look great, and I know others have them, but I can't justify the expense - buy a pair of summer shoes that are a bit large, so you can get thick socks or watherproof socks on for theose cold/wet rides.

My main ones and first choice for a ride are 661s - were pretty cheap (under £30) but not available as far as I can see now.
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Free sample of Loctite threadlock

justin partridge
http://www.loctitesolutions.com/index.php?set_country=GB

Horrible website design, and I think it is intended for commercial customers, but I couldn't see anything that restricted it from anyone.
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Re: Free sample of Loctite threadlock

rog s
Administrator
Cheers for that Justin, I was getting a bit low. For Info the blue loctite is 'Loctite 243' which is the one most parts manufacturers recomend.

Re: Cheap SPDs and reasonable priced shoes

rog s
If you fancy a shoe that doesn't look so 'roadie' (like mine) then I quite fancy some of the Shimano MP66W DX Shoes.

I tried some on in Evans and they're very comfortable, the sole is still quite stiff and they get rave reviews. Jono's got a pair if you want a look, but I recomend trying them on for size as they don't have UK sizes but an odd Euro size which even the assistant in Evans struggled to explain. If you order on the internet the advice seems to be to check out the euro sizing in your trainers and go one bigger.

At less than £50 cheap too !! (Just don't forget you need to buy the appropriate cleats for your shoes that suit your pedals, unless they come with your pedals)

Re: Cheap SPDs and reasonable priced shoes

justin partridge
Administrator
The pedals I linked to at Merlin come with cleats (in fact cleats on their own are such a rip off it is probably better to buy the pedals, keep the cleats and sell on the pedals...)
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Re: Cheap SPDs and reasonable priced shoes

Jono
not had a single problem with the dx's, for me the size is perfect, im a 10 an they worked out in the euro sizes at a 10 an a half, not had any pain in my feet an they get the power down with no issues, i,ve got wide feet so the skater style suits me nicely
Gone bikein

Re: Aldi Cycling Gear

rog s
A few more bits of cheap cycling gear, glasses, bike computer etc. 11th July 2010 here

Half price Shimano shoes @ JC Cooks

Andy B
Stock clearance of Shimano MTB & road shoes @ JC Cooks, 125 Pasture St, Grimsby

All remaining stock is half price!

10% off @ JC Cooks

Andy B
If anyone wants a 10% off discount card for JC Cooks in Grimsby drop me a line & I'll either post you one, or will bring some out to a ride.

10% discount off servicing, parts, clothing & accessories (basically everything but bikes)

Shimano, Sram, Endura clothing & glasses, Lusso, Met, Sigma, Uvex helmets & glasses, Mobi pressure washers, High 5, SIS.....
12345 ... 8