Sunday Group Rides - Regular Sunday rides planned here

1234567 ... 18
mw

Re: New Sunday rides

mw
Administrator
Sherwood rode well today, Icy and muddy in places but rolled well. Dave and I went together in the end and had a rather posh Audi park close by! Peter came along which was a nice surprise! Sunny and quite busy we had a great run round followed by cake (thanks David) then a stop (thanks Peter) on the way back for "tea" :)
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: New Sunday rides

rog s
Administrator
Sounds good, I'm going to have to drop by and give it a go soon. Weather looked great. Hope to catch up with you soon. :)
mw

Re: New Sunday rides

mw
Administrator
Sunday 15th February Thinking of a complete change and riding out from Spilsby, not tackled the Wolds from that way before. Not sure if anyone else is out tomorrow after Valentines Day :)
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: New Sunday rides

Steve IOM
I will be riding tomorrow, and I'm all in favour of a change of scenery, but the reason I drive between 20 and 40 miles to get to the Wolds every Sunday is because I prefer to start within 5 miles of the nearest hill. Spilsby is a bit flat isn't it?

Sorry to sound negative, I know it is Louth Area Mountain Biking we are talking about and I am a long way to the west of the area, but from where I am sitting, the Ladybower Inn is only about 2 miles further than Spilsby Market Place.

A Change of Mud, Will do you Good
mw

Re: New Sunday rides

mw
Administrator
No worries about sounding negative - it's all a compromise round here to keep fitness through the winter eh? :) Does your post mean you are suggesting a Peaks ride?
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: New Sunday rides

david.fravigar
Administrator
It's not negative, given the choice and the distance I would rather travel somewhere better. Spilsby is a little flat as it's where I live. I'm up for a Peaks ride!
mw

Re: New Sunday rides

mw
Administrator
Ok so after a couple of calls David & I are holding on the Peaks and will head off to Sherwood for a couple of laps again. See anyone who fancies it there about 11.00am back car park (Steve? Tempted?) :)
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: New Sunday rides

Santa Cruz Guy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: New Sunday rides

Steve IOM
Yes I'm up for 11:00 Sherwood.
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Re: New Sunday rides

rog s
Administrator
Bugger...see you next time

Re: New Sunday rides

Steve IOM
A Grey day a Sherwood Pines with barely a glimpse of sunshine, but the riding and company was good.

https://www.strava.com/activities/255520609
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Re: New Sunday rides

jcblincs
Anyone out tomorrow? Forecast looks good for the morning with rain coming in around 3pm.

Re: New Sunday rides

Santa Cruz Guy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: New Sunday rides

Tom S
Says it all really.

Live Biker
mw

Re: New Sunday rides

mw

Looks like an early start - 09.00 back carpark anyone? :)
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: New Sunday rides

jcblincs
only just seen this message....bit late for me to get there for 9am start. sorry - my fault for forgetting to check messages. still looks like weather may hold off until 2pm according to bbc weather. dont think I will get up in time and bike not ready. I could make a 10am start for a 2hr ride if anyone interested. will check messages as soon as I get out of bed.
mw

Re: New Sunday rides

mw
Administrator
Good dry fast fun at Sherwood today. Empty ish trails for the 1st lap Frozen but lots of grip! Couldn't resist 2 trips down the red downhill, then 5 or 6 runs on the main downhill sections mid lap 2. Just Roger and myself today, just seen your post John (sorry didn't look on LAMB again this morning!) when I went to put this up! We needed to go early and were away from there by 12.00 though - made good use of the windscreen wipers most of the way back!
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: New Sunday rides

jcblincs
ITS OK...no problem. posted very late last night so not surprised you didnt see it. was there earlier in the week with the kids anyway. weather forecast was right for a change !
what do you mean by the "red downhill" and "main downhill"...the bit where the wooded launch ramp is...is that what you call main downhill ?
where the diversions still in place near the end ?
mw

Re: New Sunday rides

mw
Administrator
The fun downhill on the red route itself as opposed to the "bike park" runs from that start ramp. Yeh the diversions were still there, been like that all this month! Good though. Catch up soon :)
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...