Welcome and introductions

1234 ... 15

Welcome and introductions

justin partridge
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hello and welcome to the Louth Area Mountain Bike Forum. Feel free to join in the discussions, and join in the riding as well if you like!
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Re: Welcome

justin partridge
Administrator
Thought it might be useful if folks wanted to say a bit about themselves and their riding style etc here.

I am a fairly competent rider, done some red and blacks (Llandegla, Peaks, Kirroughtree, Drumlanrig, Dalby, Glentress, Innerleithen, Thetford, and of course Sherwood). I am 39, live in Manby and ride a HT Kona and a Full Sus Boardman depending on mood and which one has a puncture at the time

Tend to ride 12-20 miles at a time - partly through fitness partly through lack of time, but do enjoy longer rides.
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Re: Welcome

Paul.Fitz.
42yr old....(in)compotant rider...live at Holton-le-clay....done 2 of the byclemania 08/09`s, Evans rides.Jacobs ladder/mam tor.Merida marathon in penrith 08.Dalby red/black but found brakes dont work in the air but do when you land .ride a speccy hardrock in need of some upgrades....depending on mood...length of ride quick blast to all day jobbies...
who put that hill there.???

Re: Welcome

Krash
i signed up so figured i would introduce myself
names ashley, 19, living in the loverly louth
work full time as baker in greggs, worked in louth cycle centre for 2 years till i bust my leg
i dont ride xc but i do ride a mtb, currently riding a mutant xray with pikes, elixer cr, thomson, etc
normally found in market rasen, or g*y*p*o trails in cleethorpes
so yeah Hi
Current stable:
Iron Horse mkIII
Mutantbikes Xray

Re: Welcome

rog s
I'm from Louth and have been riding Xc for about 10 years on and off. I'm 42 and ride for fitness and a downhill buzz wherever possible. I guess you could call me a competent rider but still trying to master the ups.

My names Roger and I've been riding the local trails with trips to Dalby, Sherwood, Thetford, Llandegla, Coed y Brenin, Kirroughtree, Drumlanrigg, Glentress, Innerleithen and Peaks. I'd like to tick off some more whenever possible and always looking for an opportunity to put together the next big trip !

I ride a spesh stumpjumper FSR which I've had for three years now, keep looking to change but it's all just window shopping for now. I like to get out on the Sunday and Wednesday rides with Justin and two or three other top geezers whenever the opportunity arises.

Re: Welcome

Paul.Fitz.
P.S Forgot the Colne valley MTB challenge...dont know how i forgot that one still getting nightmares....
who put that hill there.???

Re: Welcome

justin partridge
Welcome Krash! I assume from the bike you ride trials? In fact did you come over to my house last year some time for a BBQ with Dave Frampton - was it you messing about on one of my kids little 20" bikes, doing 180s and stuff?
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Re: Welcome

Krash
common misconception lol
dont ride trials, trails aka dirt jumps ;)
and yh came round your house few year back now i think, don't remember playing on the kids bikes tho
Current stable:
Iron Horse mkIII
Mutantbikes Xray

Re: Welcome and introductions

TheCycleDoctor
Howdo, I'm Andy, just turned 37, living in Grimsby & working full time in Louth at the mo as well as running my own mobile repairs business (see sig for link)

I started riding MTB's back in the day when they were called ATB's & my 1st bike was a Raliegh Mustang

Although I have now progressed up to a 2007 Orange 5 Pro with a few upgrades  since my '06 Orange 5 (total custom build) was nicked a year ago (where's the really hacked off smiley when you need it eh!)

I've ridden in Wales, Scotland, Yorkshire & Lincolnshire, both @ trail centres (Dalby, Glentress, Coed-Y-Brenin...) and natural trails I prefer the more technical type of riding, cos I'm not that fit at all these days & like scaring myself s**tless

I have a love of cake, beer, single malt whisky, alternative music & have been known to dabble in film making

Cheers for letting me know about this forum Fitz, the Colne Valley Challenge ain't that bad
Andy B, The Cycle Doctor:  http://www.thecycledoctor.co.uk

Re: Welcome and introductions

ACDC
Hello all, I'm Wayne, 39 year old living in Welton. I ride XC, mainly enduros, marathon type events, defiantly planning on having a crack at the Kielder 100 next year. I’ve ridden a hard tail for as long as I can remember but will shortly be building up my first light weight, short travel double bouncer. I ride and train as regularly as possible all year round, although I tend to relax a little over the winter months and pick up with the training in preparation for the new years planned events.

I've ridden trail centres but prefer natural trails and there's lots of good riding up on the Wolds with plenty of hills.

Good forum, keep up the good work.

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights"

Muhammad Ali

Re: Welcome and introductions

jub1lee
Hi all,

I'm Lee (aka jubilee) for my few posts here. As already mentioned in earlier posts...

I am 47 & reasonably fit (I jog/stagger regularly) & I would rate myself as a beginner/noobie.
In my defence I have managed some red routes & survived. I've managed Twyrch near Newport (red route) & North Face trail in Grizedale, plus Thetford forest. Thetford Forest was where I discovered MTB at Center Parcs. After a few times in Thetford I was hooked!!!

I live in Welton which is ~4mile north of Lincoln just off the A46 Grimsby road, same village as ACDC!!!

So ACDC I live in The Hardings, the new bit off Eastfield Lane, where are you?
I think I may have seen you once on The Hardings on your bike pulling a wheelie.
Perhaps we couldtry to meet up for a short ride in the wolds if you don't mind being seen with a noobie.

Good to find a forum for local Wolds riders.

Re: Welcome and introductions

ACDC
Hi Lee, I live on St. Mary's Ave, small world eh!

I ride up on the Wolds a lot, 15-20 min drive and your there, usually weekends. It would be great to meet up for a ride, there are some great little tea rooms dotted about and some pretty good riding to be had in places with some great views. If you could manage 20-30 miles at a steady plod with a little bit of climbing and plenty of cake stops then there are lots of routes to try.

Don't be put off by the thought of "climbing" there are no huge mountains this is Lincolnshire after all. The Wolds is mainly rolling country but you can go up and down a lot if you want to, most of the hills are 5 minute climbs but some can be bloody steep. It's not that hard to string together a 50 mile loop with 5-6000ft of climbing though.
"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights"

Muhammad Ali

Re: Welcome and introductions

jubilee
Wayne,
I'm up for it. I can manage 20 miles (30 is moving into the unknown).
My only issue is Sunday mornings are pretty much out in the Rugby season.
I have done a few loops in the wolds, but I do occasionally have to walk some climbs.
I survived Twrch at CwmCarn near Newport that starts with a horrendous climb!!!!!

I have done Walesby, Rothwell & Nettleton.

Re: Welcome and introductions

ACDC
Lee, no problem I ride Sat/Sun depending what shifts my wife is working at the weekend. I'll have a look at a few routes around the 20 mile mark, most of the time I start off at the car park at Willingham woods, from there it's only a few miles up on to the Wolds.

Don't worry about the climbs, if you can manage to spin up Nettleton you'll be fine, there's no shame in walking either.
"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights"

Muhammad Ali

Re: Welcome and introductions

Nickj
Hi from Nick,

I've recently moved down from edinburgh with my partner to start a new job, and the small task of starting a family back in June (My partner emma is from around these parts). Looking for some trails and folks to ride them with - Have heard about Willingham woods and Sherwood Pines - keen of exploring our doorstep first though!! Looking at the threads the Sunday and Wednesday rides sound good! Have ridden a few enduros up at Fort William and Kirroughtree, and have done the various routes at Glentress and Laggan quite a few times  - We live on Eastgate in Louth and I ride an Orange P7 pimped out with a thomson seat post!

Re: Welcome and introductions

justin partridge
Administrator
Welcome - as I said on the Singletrack thread, I can't promise you anything like Scotland, but there are some reasonable rides. Keep an eye on the Sunday/Wednesday threads, and come along when you are free!

If you want more info about Willingham Woods, go to www.trailblazerz.net, which is their official site.
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Re: Welcome and introductions

monkeychild
Hello,
I'm Richie 32 I live near Sleaford and I am in MTB hell  I moved from North Yorks down to here so it's a bit fltter than I used to lol.  I ride either a singlespeed fully rigid or a GF Hookooekoo I also commute 30 miles a day on a fixie road bike
I am keen to get out into some natural riding which is closeish, so any help from you guys will be most welcome
Cheers

Re: Welcome and introductions

dave cox
This post was updated on .
hi i am dave cox 25 and live in grimoldby (nr louth). I got back into riding about a year ago, which stared as a group of four of us and we are now down to two of and he does not ride reguarly now. So i tend to be out on my own alot. I ride a boardman team (hardtail). I have ridden at sherwood pines, dalby forest (red routes) and lady bower i also ride a few local loops nr louth and willingham woods and at the moment only tend to get out once a week, as i have been running alot just completed great north run. (my girlfriends idea of fun ha ha!). Would say i am a beginner but i think am fairly fitt and i love a challenge.

Re: Welcome and introductions

awkward kid
Hello!?

Re: Welcome and introductions

justin partridge
Hey Dave - let us know if you want to come along on a Weds or Sun ride- or post up when you are out if you fancy some company! Nice to see another Manby/Grimoldby rider - must have passed you occasionally I'm sure!
Twitter @bikeLAMB
1234 ... 15