Welcome and introductions

12345 ... 15

Re: Welcome and introductions

justin partridge
Administrator
Hello Awkward Kid! Are you too awkward to post anything else?
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Re: Welcome and introductions

awkward kid
I'm no child, but a tad awkward yeah! I'm based in Lincoln and looking for somewhere close to go for a blap! Heard a bit about the wolds but wouldn't know where to start. Reading your posts you seem a bit hardcore (50mile rides)! I've not traveled that far on my bike in a day for a good few yrs but I'm needing to get back ino shape! When are you boys off out next? I'm due to attend a ride next Sat with the retrobike boys in Lincolnshire somewhere??? But have most of the week off work so really wanna get into the swing of things. May do sherwood pines mid wk???

Re: Welcome and introductions

justin partridge
Administrator
Nah -most of us are happier with 15-20 miles! 50 miles would be a bit far for me

There are a couple of riders Lincoln Way (Nettleham I think). Start up a new thread and see what they are doing, or keep an eye on the Weds/Sunday threads, although these tend to be around the Louth area.
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Re: Welcome and introductions

dave cox
hi i will let you know as soon as i am fitt again i broke my foot 6 weeks ago and have been told not ride for at least another 4 weeks! but am sure i will be back on my bike sooner so will post as soon as i feel fitt to come for a blast. cheers
mw

Re: Welcome and introductions

mw
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi, I just realised I hadn't introduced myself - how rude, sorry!

My Name is Malcolm, I live just outside of Louth & have really been bitten by the mtb bug this year.
In February I started training for the Coast to Coast for charity, with a bunch of 20 friends & neighbors from the Wagon & Horses South Reston.
We completed the 140 miles over 3 days riding in April, and I knew it was XC that interested me. In June I bought my Trek EX8 which is a stone lighter than the full suss Saracen I had for the C2C! and with thanks to Justin, Roger, & James I've been learning to ride ever since.

Had an amazing first year riding at: C2C, Sherwood Pines, Bicyclemania, Brecon Beacons, Laax - Swiss Alps, Kirroughtree red/black, Glentress red, Innerleithan red , Afan Forest "Y Wal" red, Cwmcarn "Twrch" red plus as many Sunday & Wednesday "Wolds" rides as possible.

Hope to see you all out there some time - Have fun :)
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: Welcome and introductions

PeteG
Hi All
I'm Pete, 30, currently living in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire which is good doorstep riding and 45mins to Cwmcarn. But my girlfriend is from North Somercotes (9miles from Louth) and I'm spending an increasing amount of time in the area. Theres also an outside risk we might end up moving there in the near future. Would it be possible to tag along on a Sunday ride at some point?
Convince me that all isn't lost and I'll end up spending my days staring at the turbines at Coinsholme.
I've managed to bag pretty much all the Welsh trail centres and all of the 7stanes trails of Scotland. I've got a Santa Cruz Heckler, and (perhaps,stupidly) just sold my On-One 456.
Hope to catch up with you soon.
mw

Re: Welcome and introductions

mw
Administrator
Hi Pete good to hear from you. It's not all bad on the Wolds :)
Should be a few of us out Sunday. Just look out for the Sunday thread 2010 when you fancy joining us.
Look forward to seeing you, cheers - Malcolm
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: Welcome and introductions

PeteG
Hi Malc, thanks for the warm welcome. Not sure when I'll be up at the moment, but I look forward to meeting up.

Re: Welcome and introductions

doofuss
hia justin and all the louth gang

you have probably seen me on bicyclemania forum giving chiefy some abuse , he loves it and i get more than i give

i thought it would be an idea to say hello and maybe organise a ride some time with members from both forums having a bit of fun

you might know me better as the guy that takes the pics on chiefys challenge

cheers all

doof

Re: Welcome and introductions

Paul.Fitz.
now then DOO ...good idea to meet up but bring the slow uns for me  weve probaly all been in ur lense whilst doing the 08/09 x2 challenges..but as you can see where out WED night, SUN am..and  providing we can get a pass....
who put that hill there.???

P.S how rude...good to meet you Pete from our Cheltenham/Gloucester section (Be international soon...HULL.)...hope you enjoyed seeing part of the Wolds. just spent 1hr cleaning bike hope you get urs done before driving back...............
who put that hill there.???

Re: Welcome and introductions

doofuss
thanks for the welcome paul.

we dont worry about who is fast or slow we usually stay together whatever , there are some cyborgs in the group but at 17stone i am not one of them..)

cheers

doof

Re: Welcome and introductions

PeteG
Cheers Paul, was good to meet you all today. Spent quite a while cleaning the bike, looks good again now though. Good ride today, tough going at times. Looking forward to drier weather for sure.

Re: Welcome

Steve IOM
Name - Steve
Age - ancient (45)
Live - near Gainsborough
Ride - Mongoose Hardtail MTB
Ability - Somewhere below average, Bicyclemania 5 in 4hrs 28 mins last year, and Isle of Man End 2 End in just under 6 hours.
Normal Ride - 15 to 25 miles on the Wolds on a Sunday or Bridlepaths around home in the evenings (daylight).
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Re: Welcome

Paul.Fitz.
hi steve...feel fee to join us as and when   ive not been biking around your neck of the woods...weve all done Bicyclemania rides an i am doing them again.your time is on par with mine..watch the wed/sun threads for venues...
who put that hill there.???

Re: Welcome

jub1lee
Hi Steve

I'm an oldie too, 47 to be exact. Count myself as a newbie still, yet to do Bicyclemania.

I'm still reasonably fit (managed Lvl 10 on Bleep test last week, dunno if that's good or not!)

I like to ride the wolds also & occasionally further afield.
I have done CwmCarn (Newport) & North Face trail at Grizedale.

I haven't managed to meet up with the Louth lads yet as I only discovered the
forum as we entered GMT. Most of my wintertime Sunday mornings are taken up
with my son playing Rugby etc.

Cheers
Jubilee

Re: Welcome

Steve IOM
Hi and thanks for the welcomes, there's nothing much to ride on near Gainsborough except flat n muddy bridlepaths, that's why I get out on the wolds when I can.
A Change of Mud, Will do you Good

Re: Welcome

carl.whitehead
  hello i`m Carl,49yrs young,fairly fit riding on/off 5yrs, Dalby red route,local rides with Fitz..hope to come out more often on sundays/wednesday/whenever...
get on
mw

Re: Welcome

mw
Administrator
Lamb group rides n routes also on the Everytrail site (see where we've been or plan where you'd like to go!)
http://www.everytrail.com/group/view?group_id=167 come & join us there too :)
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: Welcome

Black Panther
Hi.
Was recommended to this site by the Cycle Doctor - thanks
So - the names John, living in Donington on Bain, 40yrs young. Cycled a lot during the early to late 90s and ran the Caistor Off Road Club. Then got married etc etc so had a long break but got back into it late last year. Still got my 1996 Kona Sex Three - which I take out on the odd Retro meet and have a 2009 Kona Kula with a few needed upgrades (as you do) to make this my workhorse (for now).
Lucky enough to have good routes on the doorstep but go to Dalby quite regular and since last year have also done Glentress. Technical ability ok - just a long way to go with the fitness still.
All the gear - once had an idea.
12345 ... 15