Welcome and introductions

1234567 ... 15

Re: Welcome

Paul.Fitz.
gulp...welcome..........near a tri-thingy..cant even spell it and ive just read it..........
who put that hill there.???

Re: Welcome

justin partridge
Welcome Peter - there are some decent trails near Belchford that we ride - would be good to hook up some time and see if you know any others!
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Re: Welcome

justin partridge
Hey Murray - as others have said have a look at the Wednesday thread and you all would be very welcome - usually ride around 6/6.30, and occasionally later. There are a few here that would prefer Thursdays, so start a new thread and see who is around.

I struggle with Thursdays, but will occasionally be able to make it if you want some company.
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Re: Welcome and introductions

Tom S
Hi. I have been mountain biking for over twenty years.

Last riding was downhilling in Courchevel, but normally prefer cross country riding.

I live in Spilsby, but need a bit more motivation to keep riding through autumn and winter.
Live Biker

Re: Welcome and introductions

justin partridge
Administrator
Welcome Tom - Downhilling in Courchevel or cross country in the Wolds...think I might need some motivation too!  Plenty of us rely on each other riding through the winter to keep the fitness up for the summer - just invest in some good lights if you come out of an evening - have a look at the lights threads.
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Re: Welcome and introductions

Tom S
Hi. My rear light is just standard. Front main light is runs a p4 led off a lithium battery, so should do the trick.
Live Biker

Re: Welcome and introductions

DeeGee
Darren, 34 from GY.

I'm an occasional triathlete, bought a Spesh Hardrock Sport with compensation after being knocked off my roadie. That's the first MTB I've owned since I was a kid.

I've ridden it exactly twice off-road round Swallow/Croxby. Mainly 'cos I'm a wuss. I'm here to see where you guys ride - see if I can pick up any ideas.

Technically, I'm still pretty inept...

Re: Welcome and introductions

Santa Cruz Guy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Welcome and introductions

justin partridge
Hey Darren - good to hear from you! Most of our routes are linked to from the various Sunday and Wednesday ride threads and are stored on Evrytrail with photos too (courtesy of Malcolm)

Feel free to ask for tips on good routes, or join in with one of the regular rides.
Twitter @bikeLAMB

Re: Welcome and introductions

Will be coming
Hi,
Iam Will, 35 yrs old, married with 1 son aged 6, living in Cleethorpes,

I have been riding about 5months so a total novice.

I started on a cube HT just riding around the wolds country roads with a little bit of off roading. But boy when i went off road i really enjoyed it. Enjoyed that much i want more, up graded the bike to a trek ex8, which i only got yesterday. So need to get it out.

Dont really know where the trails are around here apart from the roads.

So hopefully i will be able to come and meet up with of you most sundays to show me the ropes and so i can enprove my biking skills, so i can tackle Dalby and the peaks when the weather gets better.

Look forward in meeting up

Will
mw

Re: Welcome and introductions

mw
Administrator
Great choice of bike Will :) my EX8 is an 09
Look forward to riding with you - Malcolm
PS I always post up the routes we do on a site called Everytrail its really good to go to when you need a ride out somewhere new as you can see if there are any good trails nearby. LAMB has a group on it which is at:
http://www.everytrail.com/group/view/167/lamb

I also post personal rides (when I'm a billy no mates) at:
http://www.everytrail.com/my_trips.php so there are plenty there you might like :)
Eat - sleep - bike - repeat...

Re: Welcome and introductions

Will be coming
Thanks Malcolm,

I will have a look at the link later when i have more time, Went out yesterday for the first time on the Trek, had a really good ride, so different from riding a HT, so comfy.

Went around Hatcliffe and on down to Swallow vale, ending up near laceby and near home.

Hopefully if am not working the weekend i will meet sunday morning. finger crossed. lol

Re: Welcome and introductions

Rich S
hi , im Richard , been riding for a few years , im working weekends for the next few weeks but if anyone about on weds evenings i can usually escape for a ride out , if theres room for a newcommer , cheers Rich
if in doubt -------------- get yer bike out

Re: Welcome and introductions

Paul.Fitz.
always room out front Rich and welcome just watch wed night thread or post venue yourself with time plus any other ideas...
who put that hill there.???

Re: Welcome and introductions

jenko
hi i'm Dave , 37 , live in lincoln just got into mountain biking so i am a total novice, got myself a spesh epic expert and would like to meet up with you guys on a sunday ride some time in near future, cheers Dave

Re: Welcome and introductions

Paul.Fitz.
spot on Dave `Jenko`welcome watch the Threads and join in
who put that hill there.???

Re: Welcome

MaTt R
hello!

I am pretty new to anything with two wheels! i am 25 from Grimsby but spend a lot of in the Louth Wolds area working. I cycle to work approx 10 miles round trip, so nothing fancy at all. I only have a Giant Rincon bike so nothing major, but would like to get more into things. Could anyone let me know of any "gentle" routes to get my teeth stuck into? any plotted on Sports tracker or the like would be most useful! :) - Thanks in advance!

Re: Welcome

Paul.Fitz.
welcome.... all our routes are well within your capabilities if i can do em you can, i ride at the speed of chat sometimes slower if theres a mole hill... watch the wed/sun rides plus others and pick a venue  cys there....
who put that hill there.???

Re: Welcome

Jono
now then Matt, yeah we got some gentle rides around the wolds, we'll soon have you warmed up for some trail centers (before the govenment sell them all off!) thats when Hannah lets me :) Malc tracks our rides on every trail
http://www.everytrail.com/group/view/167/lamb

cu soon
Gone bikein

Re: Welcome

MaTt R
Thanks Guys! i have a few days off next week so may give one ago to cut my teeth so to speak! give me a month or two to build some fitness levels back up and find my feet and i'd love to come for a ride out with you guys!

as I said this is the first time ever I have got into biking, by biking to work pretty much every day for the last two months, but really intersted in taking it a step or two futher!

thanks guys!
1234567 ... 15